|Candle Lighting Ceremony at UMC in honor of Childhood Cancer Month.
- To link parent to parent, family to family, group to group
- To ease frustration and fears through sharing of feelings and experiences
- To exchange information on research, treatment and community resources
- To breakdown the social isolation of families
- To provide guidance in coping with childhood cancer's effect on a child, parents, siblings and family
- To identify patient and family needs so that medical and social systems respond adequately
- To be an emotional support system of second families for each other